Saturday, January 17, 2015

We're learning Latin-American Spanish!

Hola,
The Charmed Farm Fam is going to try and learn a new language!  Rosetta Stone had a New Year's special on their software programs, more than 1/2 off.

 Here is Rob doing his first lesson :)

Normally the programs cost $499, but they were marked down to $229. Also, we purchased through ebates.com and got another $16 cash back :) The program allows up to 5 users - my hubby, my 10 year old son, my 12 year old daughter, my mother in law and I are all going to try it out. If the program works for us, I want to look into "Rosetta Stone for Kids" for the little ones. If just one of us can pick up a new language, I'd say it was $213 well spent.

Have any of you tried Rosetta Stone programs? Any advice or tips on learning a new language?

I personally took a Spanish class in middle school, high school, even in college and have yet to be fluent. I have picked up more and more along the way, but would not be able to hold a convo.  I think my issue is that I have never immersed myself in the language or culture.  With my family learning together, we can help each other and really have fun with it :) We can study Latin American traditions, eat their cuisine, watch movies together in Spanish and who knows? Maybe when we finish the program we can take a trip! We will let you know how it goes :)

Adiós,
The Charmed Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment