Saturday, September 19, 2015

Me vs. Whirlpool Duet Dryer

Is there nothing you can not learn to do from YouTube!?! This video taught me to change my own dryer belt! So awesome :) http://youtu.be/BO8IBoY-wlU 

Last week I was doing laundry, and I heard a loud "snap"! I looked at my dryer, and it stopped working. Since I have a family of 7, I wanted to get it fixed as soon as possible.  I assumed the belt breaking was the loud snap I heard, so I took off the front panel to check it out. The belt was dangling in the back for sure.  My father in law is actually an appliance repair man, so I told him my predicament. He suggest I order a "repair kit", because it's a good idea to replace common movable parts while I have the dryer open. The picture below is what came in my kit. 4- Drum Rollers, 1- Belt, 1 - Idler Pulley Wheel, Washers and some Tri-rings.

I only need 2 tools for this project, a flat head screwdriver and a 1/4 inch nut driver. Below is the nut driver :)

I have to admit that I was pretty scared when I got everything taken apart. My father in law said I could call him for back up if I needed, but I ended up getting it back together :)

This was a messy project for sure. Lint was every where, and it is amazing how much grease those drum rollers have. 

Ya baby, I did it!!! After putting the dryer back together and plugging it in I held my breath while I pressed the power button. Whew, it started right up and sounded quieter then ever :)

Its been about 4 days now since my repair, and the dryer is working great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment