Monday, September 7, 2015

It's a Fiesta!

Throwing a fiesta? Here are a few fun ideas I did with my husband's birthday a few weeks ago :)

Our menu was simple:

Enchilada Style Burritos
Watermelon
Salsa Bar with white, yellow and blue tortilla chips, and a variety of salsa
Margarita Station
Corona
Soda Pop/water bottles
Cup Cakes

Decor was simple too:

Tissue paper flowers on the ceiling
A beautiful blanket I used as a tablecloth
A pinata

For the watermelon I covered a sombrero with plastic wrap, and lined the brim with the melon.

The salsa bar was fun and simple to put together.  I picked out a variety of mild, medium and hot salsas.  A few different flavors I chose were pineapple, roasted tomato and green chili.


Tissue paper flowers added a nice pop of color :)

The cupcakes turned out really cute.  My sis in law and I arranged them into a fun guitar shape, and decorated with white and black icing.



We had such a great time with all the friends and family that attended.  A special thanks to the musicians that brought their instruments, and played us all music around the fire into the night.  I know this was a birthday my husband won't soon forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment